This complete Dota 2 Alchemist guide will reveal the ins and outs of this hero.
Some Dota 2 players are always looking for a hero that will allow them to farm fast and get the items they need much faster. Even though there are a couple of big names that come to mind, Alchemist is in a league of his own. No wonder he’s one of the preferred options for PUN and pro players.
This Alchemist Dota 2 guide will show you why Alch is a hero that deserves more attention. He is a melee STR hero with 50-56 damage, 2.7 armor, and 295 movements speed. There are many other important things about him, so let’s dive in.
Dota 2 Alchemist Guide – Abilities
Learning more about the Alchemist Dota 2 skills will allow you to choose the best item build, so let’s learn more.
- Acid Spray – AoE ability that deals 40 DPS and removes 6 armor to all enemy units that stay within it.
- Unstable Concoction – This ability allows Alchemist to stun a target for up to 3.2s and deal 360 damage. He also gets 16% MS as a bonus while “cooking” the ability.
- Greevil’s Greed – This innate passive ability grants the hero 2 bonus gold per last hit and 2 extra bonus gold per stack for a maximum gold bonus of 18. Each unit killed stacks for the next 36 seconds. Moreover, Alchemist gets 2x the gold bonus from the Bounty Rune.
- Corrosive Weaponry – The ability allows him to slow enemy units for 6 and remove 6% status resistance for 3.5s per stack, and he can stack this ability up to 11 times.
- Chemical Rage – The ult lasts for 30s, during which Alchemist gains bonus HP regen, MS, and a shorter attack speed.
Getting a Shard will grant Alchemist an ability called Berserk Potion, which can dispel an ally and grant them 50 AS, 40 Hp regen, and 30 MS for 10s. Aghanim’s Scepter will allow Alchemist to grant other heroes their Aghs effect in exchange for 25 bonus damage and 5% spell amp.
Alchemist Dota 2 Guide – Talents
The hero’s talents is the next important thing in the Dota 2 Alchemist build.
- Level 10 – Unstable Concoction gets +125 radius or Acid Spray removes +1 armor
- Level 15 – Greevil Greed grants +2 Damage per Stack or Acid Spray gives armor to allies
- Level 20 – Unstable Concoction gets +400 max damage or Chemical Rage has a base attack time reduction of -0.1s.
- Level 25 – Chemical Rage gives +50 HP regen or Chemical Rage grants +50 MS.
Alchemist Dota 2 Guide – Tips
After analyzing the Dota 2 Alchemist skills and everything else about the hero, it’s time to share a few things. The most important one to remember is that Alchemist is almost always the team’s carry or midder. There have been instances where pro players use him as a support, but this almost never happens in pubs.
Considering he is the fastest-farming hero in the game, when you decide to start playing with him, you need to know your timings. Alchemist is a hero that will shine when he is ahead of the rest. He is not a core you want to use and play from behind because he’s just not as strong as other late-game monsters. However, if you play your cards right, you can easily carry your team and win the game on your own.
Once you start playing, your goal is to farm as much as possible. Farm the lane and tell your allies to stack Neutral Camps so that you can clear them and get even more gold. Of course, you should also try to get as many bounty runes as possible because they will increase your farming speed even more.
Ideally, you should have 2 or 3 big items until the 20th-minute mark. Once that happens, your goal should be to start taking fights while still farming as much as you can. Your opponents will likely have nothing to stop you, so use this to your advantage and force team fights.
Alchemist Dota 2 Guide – Pros and Cons
Whether you are a Dota 2 Alchemist support or core, there are a few good and bad things you should know about the hero.
- The fastest farming hero in Dota 2
- Incredibly good at snowballing
- Can win games on his own
- Almost impossible to kill
- Really hard to bully after level 6
- Relatively weak laner
- He’s not good if he’s not ahead of the rest
Dota 2 Alchemist Guide – Items
Choosing the proper Alchemist Dota 2 build can make a massive difference on your play style, so let’s take a look at some of the items you should be aware of.
Ideally, you need tome HP regen and a Quelling Blade so you can farm faster.
Depending if you’re a midder or a carry, you should have a Magic Wand, Soul Ring, Boots of Speed and/or a Bottle.
The item builds you can go for are endless. Some people who check the Alchemist Dota 2 wiki will go for a Radiance into Manta Style, whereas others will pick a Blink Dagger and Armlet. You could also buy a Black King Bar and Octarine all within the mid-game.
Alchem ist players in the late game can buy pretty much anything. Everyone should be 6 slotted, meaning that you should get Moon Shard and Aghs for your team so you can get extra damage.
Dota 2 Alchemist Counters
Regardless of the Alchemist Dota 2 set you are using, the hero has a few counters that others need to be aware of.
- Timbersaw – This is Alchemist’s nightmare because Timber deals pure damage and can easily kill him.
- Ancient Apparition – AA is good against Alchemist because of the hero’s Ice Blast, which cancels Chemical Rage’s HP regen.
- Slark – Slark’s incredibly effective against Alchemist because the latter is really tanky. As a result, Slark can steal tons of stats and become impossible to kill.
Even though there have been a lot of Dota 2 Alchemist changes over the years, there’s no arguing this hero is unique. Alch has a lot of things that others don’t, making him one of the most important heroes in the game. He’s fun and effective, but only if you know what you’re doing.