This Dota 2 Outworld Destroyer guide will include the required information you should know about one of the unique heroes in the game.
There is not a single Dota 2 hero that has more name changes in the game than this one. Previously known as Outworld Devourer and Obsidian Destroyer, this is a unique hero known for his crazy damage output. He can be a carry, but most pro and casual players will pick him for the mid-lane.
Before we dive into the Outworld Destroyer Dota 2 guide, you should know this is an Intelligence Ranged hero with 49-61 starting damage. He also has 5.7 armor and 320 MS, making him one of the tankiest and fastest heroes from the get-go. There are many other things you need to know about him, so let’s learn more about them in this article.
Before learning how to counter Obsidian Destroyer Dota 2, let’s take a look at the hero’s abilities.
- Arcane Orb – This attack modifier allows the hero to deal 16% of his mana pool as damage, but each attack costs 20% of his mana pool.
- Astral Imprisonment – When used, the hero will place a target into an astral prison for 4s, during which the unit is disabled and invulnerable. Once the astral prison explodes, it will deal 360 damage to the target and all allies nearby. Moreover, OD will steal 22% of their max mana for 60s.
- Essence Flux – This ability gives OD a 30% chance to restore 55% of his maximum mana when using an ability.
- Sanity’s Eclipse – This massive AoE ability deals 400 base damage + 0.4 mana difference multiplier damage to the target. It also deals bonus damage to illusions.
People who want to get the Shard can gain additional mana from the units. Moreover, allied units who are imprisoned can move at 60% of their movement speed while the ability is on. Aghanim’s Scepter allows OD to create a barrier equal to 50% of his maximum mana for 15s when he drops below 20% HP. Also, this effect includes a strong dispel.
The next thing besides the Obsidian Destroyer Dota 2 skills is the hero’s talents, so here’s what to expect:
- Level 10 – +20 AS or +200 HP
- Level 15 – +30 MS or +100 Astral Imprisonment range to the cast
- Level 20 – Sanity’s Eclipse gets +0.15 additional mana difference multiplier or +20 S TR
- Level 25 – -60s Sanity’s Eclipse CD or Arcane Orb +2% Damage
Dota 2 Outworld Destroyer Guide – Tips
Before you decide which Outworld Destroyer Dota 2 guide you want to use, it’s important to know a couple of things about the hero. First, this is usually a top-tier midder that will rarely take the safelane because he excels in a 1v1 situation. Despite not having a lot of range, the hero’s Astral Imprisonment allows him to win pretty much any mid-matchup. That’s one of the reasons why you can often see the hero against some of the most annoying laners in the game.
The idea behind OD is to have a hero that can do insane amounts of damage to everyone who does not have a high mana pool. Even though this definitely limits the hero in terms of the situations you can pick him in, he can be devastating to play against. Some people may remember the old-school OD + Omni meta, where this was the strongest hero in the game.
Despite not being the fastest farmer, Outworld Destroyer can farm fairly fast and snowball out of control. He is not that easy to kill early on, and his only weakness is Black King Bar. In fact, this item is the reason why he is not more popular than some of the other midders.
Outworld Destroyer Dota 2 Gude – Pros and Cons
Choosing the proper Dota 2 Outworld Destroyer build can greatly affect the hero’s success rate, but before we check that, here are some of the pluses and minuses.
- Does insane damage against low-mana pool target
- Great laner
- Really strong in a 1v1
- Hard to gank
- Faster than usual
- Pretty much useless against spell-immune targets
- Does not far that fast
Dota 2 Outworld Destroyer Guide – Items
There are many interesting items that you can get on this hero, so let’s go through all of them.
This hero starts the game with Branches, Tangos, and a Mantle of Intelligence.
Usually, this hero gets one or two Null Talismans, Power Treads, and a Magic Wand.
The top mid-game items for this hero can depend on many things. Some people will get Force Staff and/or Blink Dagger + Aether Lens and Kaya. You can also find Eul’s + Meteor Hammer, Black King Bar, and a lot of other things.
The top late game items for Outworld Destroyer include a Scythe of Vyse, Hurricane Pike, and Shiva’s Guard. Sometimes, the hero can also get an Octarine Core and even a Refresher Orb.
Dota 2 Outworld Destroyer Counter
When it comes down to the Outworld Destroyer Dota 2 counters, pretty much any BKB builder can be a problem. That said, there are a couple of heroes that are more dangerous than the rest.
- Lifestealer – Naix’s spell immunity makes him one of the best heroes against OD in all situations.
- Nyx Assassin – Nyx can absolutely annihilate Outworld Destroyer in pretty much all situations.
- Rubick – Albeit not exactly a counter, Rubick is strong against OD because he can easily steal his ult.
- Sniper – Sniper does a lot of damage from a distance, and since OD’s range is not that long, the latter can’t catch him.
Following this Outworld Destroyer Dota 2 guide, it’s safe to say this hero is good, but only in some situations. He’s definitely not something you want to have all the time, which explains why his pick rate is not as impressive as others think.