Let’s dive into the Dota 2 Treant Protector guide and learn what makes this hero special.
It should not come as a surprise that Treant Protector is not the most popular hero in Dota 2. Even though he is solid in many situations, the hero is just not that fun to play, which means that some people prefer picking other supports. Nevertheless, this Treant Protector Dota 2 guide will show you that this hero is special.
The important thing to know about the hero is that he’s a STR melee with 1.5 armor and 285 movement speed. These stats do not seem impressive, but his starting damage is 87-95, making it the highest in Dota 2. This allows Treant to be excellent lane support and harass his opponents. So, let’s learn more about the things that make this hero so special.
Dota 2 Treant Protector Guide – Abilities
The first important thing is to check the Treant Protector Dota 2 skills, so let’s dive in.
- Nature’s Grasp – This ability allows Treant to create vines that slow down enemies by 35% and deal 60 damage per second. This ability lasts for 12s.
- Leech Seed – This ability deals 65 damage per second and heals Treant for the same amount for 5s. Moreover, it slows down the enemy’s movement speed by 26%.
- Living Armor – This ability gives the hero 6 HP regen per second and 10 bonus armor for the 30s.
- Nature’s Guise – 3s after Treant hasn’t taken any damage, he becomes invisible when he’s next to a tree.
- Overgrowth – The ultimate roots all target within the 800 range for 5s and deals 85 damage per second.
People who get the Dota 2 Treant Protector Shard will be able to move faster while in Nature’s Guise and root enemies upon attacking them. The root will also deal damage and root for longer if the target is near a tree. Aghanim’s Scepter will grant a new ability called Eyes in the Forest. When used, it will enchant a tree and grant the hero unobstructed vision within the given radius. Once Overgrown is cast, the ultimate will capture all enemies close to the trees, and they will do damage. Moreover, the leading causes all trees to respawn faster than usual.
The Treant Protector Dota 2 build requires you to pick the correct talents, so here’s what to expect.
- Level 10 – -5s cooldown to Nature’s Grasp or +2 Heal per second to Living Armor
- Level 15 – +30 Nature’s Grasp damage or +18% slow to Leech Seed
- Level 20 – Leech Seed gets +45 Damage/ Heal or Living Armor gets +8 bonus armor
- Level 25 – Living Armor gets 450 AoE or Overgrowth has -40s Cooldown
Dota 2 Treant Protector Guide – Tips
After choosing your Dota 2 Treant Protector build, the next thing you should know is how to use this hero properly. Truth be told, Treant is a fantastic option for a lot of situations, but most people do not pick him because he is melee. Melee supports are not that popular in the professional meta, and since PUB players keep an eye on it, it’s no surprise the hero does not get that much love.
During the laning stage, Treant is one of the best in the game because of his insane damage output. He can easily harass almost anyone and allow his carry to have an easy time. Of course, the hero is also great for counter-ganking because his Living Armor allows him to keep his allies alive for longer.
Once the laning stage has ended, Treant Protector is a hero who has to focus on providing vision. His abilities and the fact that he’s invisible allow his team to be one step ahead. Also, his ultimate is really strong for initiating a team fight or for when the team needs to escape. It also deals a lot of damage, and many people underestimate it.
Treant Protector Dota 2 Guide – Pros and Cons
Before choosing the top Dota 2 Treant Protector skins, here are a few pros and cons you should be aware of.
- Insanely high damage output early on
- The hero is great for lane supporting
- He can save his allies by healing them and giving them armor
- Not that efficient against some lineups
The Dota 2 Treant Protector responses make the hero even more interesting to play, but before you pick him, here’s a brief look at some of the items you should go for.
Usually, Treant Protector players start the game with an Orb of Venom, Tangos, and some stats.
In the early game, the hero should have Boots of Speed and a Magic Wand.
The best mid-game item for this hero is a Meteor Hammer because he can root and stun his targets. Some people also like getting things like a Solar Crest and Arcane Boots.
In an ideal situation, Treant Protector will have an Aghanim’s Scepter and a Refresher Orb. He should also go for an Octarine Core and Shiva’s Guard, but these items are really expensive, so most players won’t be able to get a hold of them.
Dota 2 Treant Protector Guide – Counters
When it comes down to the Dota 2 Treant Protector counter, there is more than one hero that needs to be added to the list.
- Timbersaw – If there’s one hero that stands out here, it has to be Timbersaw. He can kill Treant in seconds, and his abilities allow him to destroy trees, which is highly effective against this hero.
- Slardar – When talking about Treant Dota 2 counter, Slardar is also a big name because of his ability to reveal invisible units and deal a lot of damage.
- Phantom Lancer – PL’s Doppelganger allows the hero to remove Leech Seed, and he can kill Treant in seconds.
Following this Dota 2 Treant Protector guide, it became clear that this hero is special in many ways. He’s easy to use and deals tons of damage, but there are situations where he’s just not worth picking. Therefore, you need to analyze your opponents and think carefully about whether he will work in the specific situation.