The summer transfer window is now open in Europe, and there are many rumors swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, arrivals, departures and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Chelsea are interested in PSG’s Mbappe
Chelsea are exploring a move to sign the Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappeaccording to RMC Sports.
The Blues are reported to be one of two Premier League sides interested in signing the 24-year-old, although they are yet to make a formal approach for him. But a move could be difficult amid growing interest from Saudi Arabia.
Al Hilal are ready to make PSG a €200 million ($222 million) bid for his signature, while they are also looking to lure the Frenchman to the Saudi League by proposing a two-year contract worth €400 million ($445 million).
Uncertainty continues to surround Mbappe’s future at the Parc des Princes, with ESPN sources saying he may never play for the Ligue 1 champions again. Mbappe was left out of the club’s pre-season squad that will travel to Japan on Saturday, and amid belief that he could leave to join Real Madrid on a free transfer next summer, club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi may now be looking to move him if no agreement can be reached on a contract. new.
– Barcelona is looking to keep Rafinha this summer, according to Sport. The 26-year-old winger has been linked with a possible move away, but manager Xavi Hernandez is reportedly only willing to let him leave if the club receive an “irresistible offer”. He contributed to 14 goals in BlaugranaLaLiga title-winning campaign last season, and there is confidence he can continue to improve his production.
– Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele has rejected a proposal from Al Nassr, according to Foot Mercato. The 26-year-old Frenchman has just one year left on his contract at Camp Nou and despite the Saudi Pro League side being prepared to trigger his €50m release clause before offering him a five-year contract worth €40m a season, he has informed them of his desire to stay with the La Liga club.
– A £50m bid would be required for a club to sign the Crystal Palace midfielder Cheick Doucoure, reports Football Insider. The 23-year-old is reportedly the top priority for Liverpool, who are looking to revamp their midfield. The Eagles are said to expect an investigation to take place soon.
– Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson has completed his medical with Al Ettifaq, according to Fabricius Roman. A £12m deal including add-ons has been agreed with the Saudi Pro League side, with the Reds captain set to sign terms next week. Henderson, 33, has reportedly agreed to sign a three-year contract.
– Fulham are interested in signing the Manchester United centre-back Eric Bailly, the Mirror reports. The 29-year-old made 23 starts while on loan at Marseille last season, but he has not found himself in manager Erik ten Hag’s plans following his return to the Premier League side. It is believed that there are also clubs in the Saudi Pro League interested in signing him.