The second division of the 2023 ranked season begins with the release of LoL patch 13.14.
Due to a one-week Riot-wide break around July 4th, there was a three-week break between 13.13 and the new LoL patch. But the new patch looks to be worth the wait as 13.14 is one of the biggest patches this season – not even counting regular champion fixes.
Starting from the patch, previously announced reset listed for the 2023 season will go into effect this week. In the next three days, July 19-21, each server will reset player queues and launch Split 2. The ranked rewards from the first split of the season will begin to be distributed during patch 13.14, with the rest of the rewards of distributed by the end of patch 13.15 on August 14th.
There is also a new one Arena gameplayLive server launch in patch 13.14. Although the new game mode won’t launch with the patch itself, it will drop on July 20 with the Summer Event, Soul Fighter. In the new game mode, also known as 2v2v2v2, four teams of two players each will engage in exciting battle rounds. After each round, they will receive distinctive Augments to enhance their skills and the last team standing will emerge victorious. Arena will also have its own ranking ladder throughout Split 2.
Darkin’s new mid laner, Naafiri
Naafiri is the newest champion added to League of Legends, one for all the dog lovers out there. Since she’s a Darkin trapped in an assassin’s blade, it’s no surprise that Naafari herself is an AD assassin in the game. She is supposed to have a unique playstyle with her pets called Packmates, but with a much simpler microcontrol necessary to give younger or less experienced players a better killer champion to entered the game.
- We Are More [Passive]
- Naafir calls a friend who fights alongside her.
- Dark daggers [Q]
- Naafir throws a dagger in the target direction that deals physical damage to enemies hit and causes them to bleed for 5 seconds.
- Following the Hounds’ [W]
- Naafir channels for 0.75 seconds to single target enemy champion. Upon completion, the target is revealed for 1.5 seconds and Naafiri and her packmates run towards the target.
- Eviscerate [E]
- Naafir penetrates the target direction and deals physical damage to enemies it passes through.
- Calling the Package [R]
- Naafiri prepares her grand hunt, immediately removing all active Pack mates, then summoning the maximum number of youngsters along with additional mates. Naafir goes hunting for 15 seconds, during which she gains bonus attack damage, increases the maximum health of all her companions by 25%, and reduces the total cooldown of We Are More by 50%. Her first basic attack or hit ability against a champion will grant her a shield for 3 seconds.
- Naafir’s first champion removal within the duration refreshes all effects of The Call of the Pack.
Not many pro game changes in 13.14
When it comes to the usual champion or nerf and buff item, 13.14 isn’t exactly special. Although the patch may be the playoff patch for many of the region’s top regions, there aren’t many changes in it that will affect the pro play meta. Jax and Rell are two big champions in this patch who are seeing a significant amount of play in patch 13.13, with some Kindred popping up here and there. And while the nerfs aren’t anything, they’re not big enough to take these champions out of the pro meta.
In terms of the solo queue of things, the aforementioned champions are all performing in the solo queues as well, so that should help them get closer. Nerfs to champions like Rek’Sai and Karthus that have seen a lot of bending to other roles, and Rengar that benefited from the latest item changes. But if you’re playing these champions to get into the late games, you don’t have to start worrying as Riot isn’t necessarily kneeing them in 13.14.
When it comes to buffs, four champions in particular stand out – Aatrox, Lissandra, Xerath and Zyra. None of these champions are top tier in the current meta, but they aren’t struggling much either. These buffs can be enough to make them great picks to start your climb in Split 2 or bring them back into pro play in the cases of Aatrox and Lissandra.
When is lol patch 13.14 coming out?
LoL patch 13.14 will go live on July 18th. The first region to be released is the Oceania servers at 10am AEDT. The rest of the servers will follow suit in the morning hours of their respective regions. Here are the times for most servers:
- 03:00 PT (NA)
- 5 AM GMT (EUW)
- 03:00 CET (EU)
- 08:00 KST (Korea)
For more League of Legends news and updates, follow us on ESTNN.